Your privacy is important to us so we have few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal data we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for no longer than we need to keep it or when it is required by law.
- We aim to make it simple for you to control information collected whether it is via this website, shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines and permanently deleted.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
6xW will only collect information that is necessary for what we do and use it in a way you would reasonably expect. In collecting and using this information we are committed to protecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our policy regarding personal data. For the purpose of UK and European data protection and e-privacy legislation (Data Protection Legislation), the data controller is 6xW Ltd and our head office address is 2 Church Street, Burnham. Bucks. SL4 7HZ.
Why do we need to collect this information?
We need this information to provide products or services. We will also use this information to send you details of other products and services that are contracted by 6xW, that may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish to receive marketing materials let us know, or unscubscribe from your preferences, either way, we will remove your details from our direct marketing database.
Information we collect from you
Information you give us.
This is information that you give us by filling in forms on our website www.6xw.co.uk (our website) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, events or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you subscribe to any of our updates or newsletters, search for a service, send an enquiry, request a quotation, engage 6xW to provide services, during the course of a business discussions, participate in social media on our website, respond to a promotion or survey, register for an event, attend an event where 6xW or its contracted clients are exhibiting and when reporting a problem with our website or services. The information you give us may include your name, position, company, contact details (such as address, e-mail address and phone number), your personal preferences, choices and requirements specific to particular requests or services, personal description and photograph and in the future financial and credit card information.
6xW shall comply with the six ‘data protection principles’ in processing our employees’ personal data. Where you are our client, for certain types of business matters occasionally you may give us certain special categories of personal data, which we process in accordance with the strict obligations of confidentiality to which we are subject under the general law, regulations and EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform or in the future your login information;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our client service number.
Information we receive from other sources.
This is information we receive about you from other sources. For example, we may obtain your name, address, telephone number or email address from publicly available information such as on the internet.
We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, accountants, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, marketing and PR agents, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive personal information about you from them.
Our clients or enquirers may give us personal data (including Special Categories of Data) which we process in accordance with the strict obligations of confidentiality to which we are subject under the general law, regulations and EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements.
Grounds of collecting information from you
We may collect information from you when we have a legal reason (allowed by law or under contract) to collect the information, or when you have consented for us to do so for a specific purpose (e.g. services provision or PR notice).
We will only collect, use and otherwise handle your personal information when:
- we have your consent;
- responding to your queries;
- carrying out marketing activities;
- providing services and/or information to you;
- transmitting personal information between our contracted clients or third parties for internal administrative purposes;
- keeping in touch with you and/or your business;
- hosting and maintaining our website;
- providing technical support to you;
- using in the defence of potential complaints;
- disciplinary proceedings and legal proceedings;
- preventing and detecting fraud and other criminal offences;
- ensuring network and information security;
We use your information in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To fulfil your requests – to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, respond to your queries and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- if you register for one of our business-focused events, we may share your name, business name and professional title with other people that are attending the same event;
- if you register for an event organised with a third party, we may share your name, business name and professional title with the other event organiser for event communication management;
- Marketing and updates –
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- where you have provided us with your contact details, to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. This may be by post, telephone or electronic means (e-mail or SMS).
If you are a client, supplier or referrer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to your industry and those which were the subject of a previous business matter where you instructed us or an enquiry made to us unless you specifically consent to other marketing emails. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, you can opt out. If you opt out of marketing communications, your visit to and use of the website, the response to your enquiry and your use of our business services will not be affected.
Marketing Opt-Out – you are entitled to opt-out of marketing communications at any time and free of charge by emailing email@example.com or on the “Preferences” section of our website or by using the “unsubscribe” option included in any marketing e-mail or other marketing material received from us.
- Changes – to notify you about changes to our service;
- Website content presentation – to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
If you choose not to provide personal information requested by us, we may not be able to provide you with the information and/or services you have requested or otherwise fulfil the purpose(s) for which we have asked for the personal information.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service (when applicable), when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you.
Disclosure of your information
Some services that we provide require the involvement of third parties. We have carefully selected these third parties and taken steps to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected.
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with the following third parties:
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google“). Google Analytics works using cookies.
Google Analytics cookies collect your IP address, your IP address will be shortened (anonymised) if applicable, and before it is stored or otherwise used in connection with Google Analytics.
The anonymisation process takes place within the European Union or the European Economic Area, except in exceptional cases, where your full IP address may be sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there.
We use the information collected by Google Analytics cookies to find out about how visitors use our website.
The IP address sent by your browser in connection with Google Analytics will not be combined by Google, with other data.
You can prevent Google Analytics cookies from being stored by setting your browser software accordingly. However, please note that this may affect the website’s functions.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Sharing with our client companies
When a Client company intends to use your personal information for a new purpose, they will let you know about this.
Sharing with our service providers
We will let you know if we need to transfer your personal information to any third party service providers located outside of the EEA.
Note: If your personal data cannot be processed within the EEA, we will:
- Comply with all data protection principles;
- Where possible, choose a country that is on the list of the EU Commissions’ countries that provide adequate protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects;
- If the transfer is to the United States of America, we will use reasonable endeavors to make sure they participate in the Privacy Shield program;
- Make sure we have assessed the adequacy of protections in all other cases.
Sharing with other selected third parties
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- business partners and other professionals for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- business partners with whom we organise a joint event, for joint or our marketing purposes. Where we do this for joint events, we do it for the purpose of removing duplicates from our invitation list and for event communication management. We may do this when we hand over the organisation of a regular event to another organisation and we or the new organiser will contact you at that time to let you know. We will never share your confidential matter or enquiry details with such business partners;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you;
Who will see or have access to your personal information?
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
Unless we are required to provide your personal information to others by law, by court order or to investigate suspected fraud or other unlawful activity, your information will only be seen or used by persons working in or for 6xW. These people may include our customer service staff, sales agents, accountants, lawyers, financial planners and para planners, underwriters, risk assessors, claims managers, investigators, statisticians, reinsurers, advisers. Our information systems and files are kept secured from unauthorised access and our staff and contracted agents and service providers have been informed of the importance we place on protecting your privacy and their role in helping us to do this. Some information is kept for a number of years to comply with legal requirements.
What if I want to check what personal information you hold about me?
What are your rights?
We will respect your legal rights to your Personal Data, as follows:
The right to be informed
The right to access
You have the right to access your information. Please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. if you wish to access the personal information we hold about you.
The right to rectification
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or not complete, you have the right to ask us to rectify it. If that data has been passed to a third party with your consent or for legal reasons, then we must also ask them to rectify the data. Please contact our Data Protection Officer if you need us to rectify your information: email@example.com.
The right to erasure
If you want us to erase all your personal data and we do not have any legal reason to continue to process and hold it, please contact our Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
The right to restrict processing
You have the right to ask us to restrict how we process your data. This means we are permitted to store the data but not further process it. We keep just enough data to make sure we respect your request in the future. If you want us to restrict processing of your data, please contact our Data Protection Office: email@example.com.
The right to data portability
We must allow you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across services in a safe and secure way without this effecting the usability of your data. Please contact our Data Protection Officer if you want information how to port your data elsewhere: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: This right only applies to personal data that you have provided to us as the Data Controller. The data must be held by us by consent or for the performance of a contract.
The right to object
You have the right to object to us processing your data even if it is based on our legitimate interests, the exercise of official authority, direct marketing (including data aggregation), and processing for the purposeless statistics. If you wish to object, please contact our Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
The right to withdraw consent
If you have given us your consent to process your data but have changed your mind later, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and we must stop processing your data. If you want to withdraw your consent, please contact our Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org or change your preferences.
The right to complain to a Supervisory Authority
You have the right to complain to the ICO if you feel that we have not responded to your requests to solve a problem. You can find their contact details here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored in our offices or off-site secure storage or on our or third party secure servers (e.g. Salesforce.com, MailChimp ). Should it be necessary, where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Due to the internet not being completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your data as it is transmitted and stored, however ,we shall use best practice to ensure your data is encrypted to the standard required in the GDPR to protect your personal data. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
This website is provided by 6xW Ltd of 2 Church Street, Burnham. Bucks. SL4 7HZ . 6xW Ltd is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales. Registered No. 08798589.
Accessing our site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service without notice (see below). You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons accessing the site through your internet connection are aware of these terms and that they comply with them. Where you are provided with a user ID, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures you must treat such information as confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party.
Note: AGE LIMITATIONS
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, we do not allow use of our Services and Websites by anyone younger than 16 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information.
Our site changes regularly
We update our web site regularly and so may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we have the option to suspend the site or to close it indefinitely. Information about you and your visits to our site
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and which does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. In particular, you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor should you establish a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com or contact the COO.
We acknowledge that the information you provide may be confidential. We will maintain the confidentiality of and protect your confidential information in accordance with all applicable laws.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The English Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from or related to a visit to this web site. English Law will apply to these terms and conditions.
Note: The laws that govern personal data in the UK are:
- The Data Protection Act (1998)
- REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
- The independent authority that upholds information rights in the public interest in the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner’s Office (the “ICO”). Further information can be found at https://ico.org.uk.
The materials comprising this 6xW Website (the “Website”) are provided by 6xW as a service to its customers on an “as-is, as-available” basis for informational purposes only. 6xW assumes no responsibility for any errors or omissions in these materials. 6xW makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. 6xW makes no, and expressly disclaims any, representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the Website, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. 6xW makes no, and expressly disclaims any, warranties, express or implied, regarding the correctness, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, and reliability of the text, graphics, links to other sites and any other items accessed from or via this Website or the Internet, or that the services will be uninterrupted, error-free or free of viruses or other harmful components. Under no circumstances shall 6xW, their affiliates, or any of their respective partners, officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives be liable for any damages, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential damages for lost revenues, lost profits, or otherwise, arising from or in connection with this Website, the materials contained herein, or the Internet generally. All materials contained in this Website are protected by copyright laws, and may not be reproduced, republished, distributed, transmitted, displayed, broadcast or otherwise exploited in any manner without the express prior written permission of 6xW. You may download material (one copy per page) from this Website for your personal and non-commercial use only, without altering or removing any trademark, copyright or other notice from such material. 6xW’s names and logos and all related trademarks, trade names, and other intellectual property are the property of 6xW Ltd and cannot be used without its express prior written permission.
Third Party Links
6xW is not responsible for the content or reliability of any websites linked to from its site, and cannot accept liability for any damage or loss arising from reliance on such websites. The links to third party websites are provided for your convenience and information only. The content in any linked websites is not under our control and we are not responsible for the content of linked websites, including any further links contained in a third party website. Links to third party information should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. If you decide to access any of the third party websites links to this website, you do this entirely at your own risk. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that the third party to which you link is free of computer viruses, worms, trojan horses and other items of a destructive
© 2018 6xW Limited